Most beers follow about the same procedure. This would be the Basic beer recipe for a 5 gallon batch.
In addition to Water(no chlorine or chems), you will need:
1. Malted Barley, about 6-7 lbs, either in liquid(Malt Extract) form or you get the dry and mill it yourself. Go here for more info:Brewing Beer
2. Bittering Hops that balance out the sweet barley, Flavoring Hops and Hops for the aroma. Usually and oz of each will due. This is a great place to get hops: http://www.hopsdirect.com
4. You can experiment with other stuff like honey, brown sugar, fruit etc.
- Bring 4 gallons of water to a boil
- Add Malt Extract
- Stir vigorously to dissolve
- Bring to a boil
- Add bittering hops and continue to boil 1hr
- Add Flavoring hops to boil during last 1/2hr and the aroma hops for just the last couple minutes
- Remove from heat
- Cool to desired temp usually 55-70ºF
- Transfer to primary fermenter
- Fill to desired level with cold water
- Oxygenate and pitch yeast
Don’t forget to checkout our quick and easy beer brewing tutorial.